[Cucumber] Thoughts on CA "Agile Requirements Designer"?
Tim Walker
2018-10-09 17:05:29 UTC
Curious what the BDD community thinks. I have my own perceptions but want
to hear from you first.

Thank you.

Tim
---
aslak hellesoy
Tim Walker
aslak hellesoy
2018-10-10 12:40:58 UTC
I misread your initial question. Didn’t realise you were talking about a
tool. Thought you were talking about a job spec/role.

https://www.ca.com/us/products/ca-agile-requirements-designer.html

Sounds like snake oil to me :-)
Tim Walker
2018-10-10 14:05:43 UTC
[tim] below.
Post by aslak hellesoy
I misread your initial question. Didn’t realise you were talking about a
tool. Thought you were talking about a job spec/role.
https://www.ca.com/us/products/ca-agile-requirements-designer.html
Sounds like snake oil to me :-)
[Tim] Me too. That's why I asked! I still see such a confusion around BDD.
The marketing of this tool uses BDD in its description. I struggle. BDD so
profoundly changes things. Thank you Aslak.
SuperKevy
2018-10-10 19:19:58 UTC
+1 on the snake oil. Process over people (waterfall). People over
process (agile)

From CA

*Agile Requirements Designer* applies model-based testing approaches to
simplify *requirements *engineering and automate the design, development
and maintenance of executable test cases. All while maintaining
*requirement* traceability through the entire development and testing
lifecycle.

https://xebialabs.com/technology/caagilerequirementsdesigner/ says

CA Agile Requirements Designer is an end-to-end requirements gathering,
test automation and test case design tool which drastically reduces manual
testing effort and enables organizations to deliver quality software to
market earlier and at less cost. The optimal set of manual or automated
tests can be derived automatically from requirements modeled as unambiguous
flowcharts and are linked to the right data and expected results. These
tests are updated automatically when the requirements change, allowing
organizations to deliver quality software which reflects changing user
needs.