[Cucumber] Versions of Cucumber and Cucumber-JVM differ
Dave Pointon
2018-11-13 20:01:41 UTC
Is it wrong of me to expect cucumber -version and cucumber-jvm -version to
return the same value on the same platform (Ubuntu 18.04)?

$ cucumber --version ; cucumber-jvm --version
2.4.0
1.2.5
# cucmber-jvm is a simple bash script to invoke Java on the cucmber
jvm libraries
---
aslak hellesoy
2018-11-14 18:02:26 UTC
Post by Dave Pointon
Is it wrong of me to expect cucumber -version and cucumber-jvm -version to
return the same value on the same platform (Ubuntu 18.04)?
Yes.

Different implementations have different codebases, teams, release cadences
and feature sets.

The long term goal is to align all the implementations, but we’re pretty
far away from that.

Aslak