[Cucumber] "TestRunner.initializationError » NoClassDefFound "
t***@gmail.com
2018-07-19 15:14:34 UTC
Hi All -

I have set up a skeleton cucumber project in Intellij, that works, and want
to ultimately have it run in Jenkins.

But i want to test a "Light API". So through structure->modules i add the
jar to the project and put the Jar file in to "Resources" folder.

I have one function *TestAPI* that initialises the API. I have put this
file in main/java/com.example/example.java. if i, temporarily create a
main function and execute the
eg *TestAPI() *function through the intellij IDE the project executes the
TestAPI() successfully.

*TestAPI()* }

Of course i don't want a main. so i remove it.

I want to ultimately call it from a step definition function initiated from
a cucumber feature file step.

But first... set up test runner.

I also want to run it from command line. So i set up test runner.

After a couple of efforts i get test runner working smoothly. (not calling
*TestAPI()* yet )

using "mvn test"

But i am getting "TestRunner.initializationError » NoClassDefFound " for
the API.

It only occurs for a particular function call.

When i comment out the function it does not complain.

How would i best discover the cause of this problem ?

Thanks in advance.
---
Thomas Sundberg
2018-07-30 06:54:26 UTC
}
Of course i don't want a main. so i remove it.
I want to ultimately call it from a step definition function initiated from a cucumber feature file step.
But first... set up test runner.
I also want to run it from command line. So i set up test runner.
After a couple of efforts i get test runner working smoothly. (not calling TestAPI() yet )
using "mvn test"
But i am getting "TestRunner.initializationError » NoClassDefFound " for the API.
You are missing a dependency.
Post by t***@gmail.com
It only occurs for a particular function call.
When i comment out the function it does not complain.
How would i best discover the cause of this problem ?
Look at the exception, it says which class it is missing. If you share
the stacktrace, we might be able to tell you the name of the missing
dependency.

The solution? Add the missing dependency, the missing jar, in your class path.

HTH
Thomas
Post by t***@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.