[Cucumber] How can we listen for overall run start / end when executing via forked JVM processes?
j***@gmail.com
2018-03-17 17:45:26 UTC
I generate TestNG runners and run them in parallel using maven surefire
forkcount. How can we listen for the overall cucumber test run and do
things onStart / onFinish?

I can't use TestNG listeners (well, atleast I'm having a hard time doing
that while retaining the forked
processes https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49339497/how-can-i-execute-my-testng-runners-on-forked-jvm-processes)

Is this possible? is there a simple way to implement such a thing?

I essentially want to do some validation on the test run before it really
kicks up all the JVM processes and begins parallel execution
2018-04-07 13:20:44 UTC
thanks, I ended up writing my own maven plugin that executes prior to
handle anything before hand, if there is a better solution let me know, but
it was great learning about maven/plugins/Mojos anyway :)
)