[Cucumber] Eclipse shows "missing EOF at 'Examples:'" when splitting Examples into sets giving each a name
Ram Raghu
2017-11-19 08:27:22 UTC
Hi,

I am using cucumber-jvm and eclipse IDE to write Gherkin steps. Following
the "Cucumber for Java Book", when I try to seperate the examples into two
sets, Eclipse IDE shows the error "missing EOF at 'Examples:'" at the line
where the second Examples: keyword is present.

Can someone please help explain whats wrong with this?

Scenario Outline: Password validation
Given I try to create an account with password "<Password>"
Then I should see that the password is <Valid or Invalid>
Examples: Too Short
Passwords are invalid if less than 4 characters
| Password | Valid or Invalid |
| abc | invalid |
| ab1 | invalid |
Examples: Letters and Numbers -------> This is where the eclipse IDE
indicates the error.
Passwords need both letters and numbers to be valid
| Password | Valid or Invalid |
| abc1 | valid |
| abcd | invalid |
| abcd1 | valid |

Chuck van der Linden
2017-11-22 17:28:39 UTC
Post by Ram Raghu
[...]
This seems like an Eclipse problem, especially if you are able to run the
feature file through cucumber with no issues. Maybe file a bug with
whatever cucumber plugins/add-on is being used with eclipse?

(alternatively you could look at another IDE such as jetbrains's stuff.. I
use their rubymine IDE with ruby cucumber code and it has no issues with
splitting example sets as you are doing. )
Ram Raghu
2017-11-23 05:10:41 UTC
Thank you for taking time to answer the question. Yes, the tests work fine
when run from command line. Its just the IDE showing the error. I will log
this issue with cucumber-eclipse team.