[Cucumber] Running cucmber features in defined order
Thomas Sundberg
2017-08-02 15:44:39 UTC
Hi,
I am trying to run cucumber feature file in order. Start of the test I log
into the system. After running several features I need to logout and close
the braowser. But I am not sure how to do that. I can create a feature
called "logout" but how can I run this feature at the very end? I cannot
find a way to define running order of feature files inside cucumber options.
Can anyone help?
The execution order is undefined in Cucumber. This is a way to avoid
situations where scenarios depend on each other.
In other words, this is by design.

My solution to your problem would be to prepare a browser that the
steps, or rather the page object the steps delegate to, uses for
navigation that already is logged in. I would close the browser after
each scenario to avoid state in the browser that depends on previous
actions.

HTH
Thomas
Regards