[Cucumber] Using Junit Rules annotation with Cucumber annotations
Mark Winspear
2015-10-29 10:42:15 UTC
Hi

I'm looking at setting up a small proof of concept using:
Cucumber
Selenium Webdriver
Maven (to manage dependencies and also run tests)
Sauce labs (to execute on multiple OS, browsers on their VMs in the cloud)
Jenkins (to run multiple jobs executing on sauce labs) with Sauce labs and
Cucumber-reporting plugins

I have successfully set up projects using all of the above except Cucumber.
In order to integrate with saucelabs, I had to use JUnit annotations @Rule
(as well as @Before, @Affer and @Test) as well as a TestWatcher.

Before I start this work, is it possible to use JUnit annotations and
cucumber annotations in the same helper class? (I note that cucumber
annotations only consist of @Before and @After)

Are there any gotchas that anyone can highlight upfront with the setup
described?

Many thanks

Mark
Vaibhav Tiwari
2016-08-19 10:01:40 UTC
Hi Mark,

Did you find any workaround for this issue.

I am also having the same requirement as stated by you. Let me know if you
have finalized any solution for it.

Thanks,
Vaibhav
Hi
80Vikram

Oleksandr
2017-10-24 05:50:39 UTC
Hi Mark, Vaibhav, 80Vikram

I have the same problem with cucumber. Please share if you found any
decision. I would be very grateful)

Thanks,
Oleksandr

четверг, 29 Пктября 2015 г., 12:42:16 UTC+2 пПльзПватель Mark Winspear
MP Korstanje
2017-10-25 08:39:35 UTC
The only supported JUnit annotations currently are `@ClassRule`,
`@BeforeClass`, `@Afterclass` on the runner. These are invoked around the
whole test suite.

If you want to use external reporting tools it is recommended you look at
the implementation of JSONFormatter. You might have to look into what
SauceLabs annotations do and replicate that in the reporter.

Best,
MP