[Cucumber] using cucumber-JVM scripts in jmeter
Achyuth Pydmarri
2017-03-20 13:37:07 UTC
Hello All,

we have existing automation suite which we wanted to reuse it in JMeter
load testing, my questions are below

1. is it possible to use cucumber-jvm automation scripts in Jmeter
2. Below thread provides a way to convert Cucumber-JVM to a jar file, can
we use this jar in Jmeter load testing

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cukes/3wDT26QrZlE

I understand this is more Cucumber group but wanted to know if any of you
guys have tried testing Cucumber & JMeter, please do help me
Achyuth Pydmarri
2017-03-20 19:07:59 UTC
here is my pom.xml but when i run i am getting below error

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>com.PCR</groupId>
<artifactId>PCR</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
<artifactId>cucumber-junit</artifactId>
<version>1.2.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
<artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
<version>3.11</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.pdfbox</groupId>
<artifactId>pdfbox</artifactId>
<version>2.0.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
<artifactId>cucumber-java</artifactId>
<version>1.2.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
<version>2.52.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>commons-configuration</groupId>
<artifactId>commons-configuration</artifactId>
<version>1.10</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
<artifactId>poi</artifactId>
<version>3.14</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<version>4.12</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>commons-dbutils</groupId>
<artifactId>commons-dbutils</artifactId>
<version>1.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
<artifactId>cucumber-core</artifactId>
<version>1.2.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
<artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
<version>4.3.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.sourceforge.htmlunit</groupId>
<artifactId>htmlunit</artifactId>
<version>2.15</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>mysql</groupId>
<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
<version>5.1.35</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<build>
<finalName>PCR</finalName>
<plugins>
<plugin> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>shade</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
<descriptorRefs>
<descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
</descriptorRefs>
<transformers>
<transformer
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ManifestResourceTransformer">
<mainClass>cucumber.cli.Main</mainClass>
</transformer>
</transformers>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
</project>

*no main manifest attribute, in test1.jar*
Ramesh Nagarajan
Thomas Sundberg
2017-09-16 16:55:13 UTC
On 16 September 2017 at 03:39, Ramesh Nagarajan
Post by Ramesh Nagarajan
I am also planning to integrate cucumber with Jmeter. anyone found the
solution ... Can you please share ?
I can't say that I have a solution. But, how would you control JMeter from java?

The steps you implement are plain java methods. You can do whatever
you want in those methods.

Your first task, if you want to control JMeter from Cucumber is to
control JMeter from any Java method. A good start would be any main
method to play around and learn what you can do.

I hope this gives you a hint in a good direction.

/Thomas
Post by Ramesh Nagarajan
Post by Achyuth Pydmarri
Hello All,
we have existing automation suite which we wanted to reuse it in JMeter
load testing, my questions are below
1. is it possible to use cucumber-jvm automation scripts in Jmeter
2. Below thread provides a way to convert Cucumber-JVM to a jar file, can
we use this jar in Jmeter load testing
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cukes/3wDT26QrZlE
I understand this is more Cucumber group but wanted to know if any of you
guys have tried testing Cucumber & JMeter, please do help me
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://www.thinkcode.se/blog