[Cucumber] [JVM] Easiest tools to involve business users?
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2017-11-16 21:00:21 UTC
Hello all,

Long time developer and tester here looking to delve deep into Cucumber
usage while helping a business group get started with it.

However: Cucumber seems very much like a developer's tool, requiring a
decent text editor, JVM+Maven, and git knowledge and expertise. This is a
corporate environment where there are not many options for tools, so the
more things needing installs, the less chance we'll get buy-in.

*What are strategies and tools you use to involve business
users/non-technical SMEs in developing requirements with Gherkin?*

For instance, I was curious if FitNesse had Cucumber abilities, but their
last conversation around that ended with the assumption that the user
wanted to use Fit in an IDE - which is the incorrect tool for business
users.

At this point I just want to help bootstrap these people into using Gherkin
now, so they start writing requirements in it. So even if there was just a
language validator/highlighter tool it would be a big help to keep them on
the correct format. Maybe through Groovy? Or is there a simpler UI for
.NET?

Thanks!
80Vikram
2017-11-21 13:45:39 UTC
Hi,

I would suggest to use

*https://hiptest.net/*1. This takes away need of maintaining test cases in
separate tool

2. Team can collaborate on user stories with lots of flexibility

You should definitely give it a try for couple of releases

Regards,
Vikram
Marit van Dijk
2017-12-01 20:31:26 UTC
Hi,

The Cucumber Ltd team are building Cucumber Pro for exactly this purpose.
You might want to give that a try? See: https://cucumber.io/pro

regards,
Marit