[Cucumber] Financial support for the Cucumber core team
2017-10-03 15:13:17 UTC
Hi all,

Today I announced the Cucumber Open Collective:
https://cucumber.io/blog/2017/10/03/invest-in-cucumber

If you are a member of the core team [1] (and don't work for Cucumber Ltd)
you can submit expenses for your work on Cucumber. If the expense is
approved (and there is money in the collective), you'll get paid.

I'll be the one approving expenses for now. I'll use the following criteria:

1) The expense must be reasonable. It's up to you to figure out what you
think is reasonable.
2) The work must be useful to a reasonably large proportion of our users.
If you're not sure, ask @aslak in #committers on Slack before you start
working on something. I'll do my best to tag issues with opencollective to
indicate that the collective will pay for their completion.

See the commit bit post [2] for more details about how to join the core
team.

And please help promoting the Cucumber Open Collective!

Cheers,
Aslak

[1] https://github.com/orgs/cucumber/teams/core/teams
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cukes/MvoWkpRR95o/pTVGpCVMCQAJ