[Cucumber] [RUBY]Cucumber 3.0 ~tag deprecation bug
2017-10-05 13:46:21 UTC
My cucumber.yml has in it

<%
std_opts = "--format #{ENV['CUCUMBER_FORMAT'] || 'pretty'} --strict --tags
~@wip -r features"
%>
default: <%= std_opts %> features

and when I run cucumber 3.0 I get

Deprecated: Found tags option '~@wip'. Support for '~@tag' will be removed
from the next release of Cucumber. Please use 'not @tag' instead.

But at least it runs the features. When I follow the deprecation advice and
change my cucumber.yml to

<%
std_opts = "--format #{ENV['CUCUMBER_FORMAT'] || 'pretty'} --strict --tags
not @wip -r features"
%>
default: <%= std_opts %> features

I get

No such file or directory - @wip. You can use `cucumber --init` to get
started.

and no features run. This seems like a bug or at least a deprecation giving
very bad advice

All best

Andrew
Aslak Hellesøy
2017-10-05 14:55:59 UTC
Post by Andrew Premdas
My cucumber.yml has in it
<%
std_opts = "--format #{ENV['CUCUMBER_FORMAT'] || 'pretty'} --strict --tags
%>
default: <%= std_opts %> features
and when I run cucumber 3.0 I get
But at least it runs the features. When I follow the deprecation advice
and change my cucumber.yml to
<%
std_opts = "--format #{ENV['CUCUMBER_FORMAT'] || 'pretty'} --strict --tags
%>
default: <%= std_opts %> features
I get
started.
and no features run. This seems like a bug or at least a deprecation
giving very bad advice
The --tags option takes a tag expression. If this tag expression has spaces
in it (i.e. it's more than a single tag) then the expression needs to be
quoted (--tags "not @wip").

This is standard shell behaviour, but I agree it could have been made
clearer.

Feel free to create a GitHub ticket.

Aslak
Post by Andrew Premdas
All best
Andrew
The Cucumber logo is the intellectual property of Cucumber Ltd, a limited
company registered in Scotland, number 456793.

UK Headquarters: Cucumber Ltd, Drumsyniebeg, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow,
Argyll, PA24 8AN UK.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and
privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named
as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by
email immediately. Thank you. Cucumber Ltd.