[Cucumber] Piloting Discourse as a replacement for this Google Group
Matt Wynne
2017-09-11 08:46:18 UTC
Hi all,

With Stephen Gates's help, we now have an installation of Discourse ready
to try out.

To be clear, Discourse would be a replacement for the Google Group (mailing
list) but not for Slack. Slack is great for near-real-time collaboration
but messages aren’t archived, or indexed on the web. Also not everyone has
time to keep up with Slack discussions.

We think Discourse would be an improvement over the Google Group for
various reasons - better usability, easier to create separate channels /
categories for different topics, etc. But we need to test it out before we
get everyone to move over.

Who'd be willing to give it a try and help us shape this new community
space?

Please reply to this thread and we'll send you an invite.

cheers,
Matt
--
The Cucumber logo is the intellectual property of Cucumber Ltd, a limited
company registered in Scotland, number 456793.

UK Headquarters: Cucumber Ltd, Drumsyniebeg, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow,
Argyll, PA24 8AN UK.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and
privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named
as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by
email immediately. Thank you. Cucumber Ltd.
Thomas Sundberg
2017-09-11 08:48:59 UTC
Hi,

Do I need an invite to take part of discussions on Discourse?
If so, please send me an invite.

Cheers,
Thomas
Post by Matt Wynne
[...]
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://www.thinkcode.se/blog
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback
Matt Wynne
2017-09-11 08:58:07 UTC
Done! Let me know if you got it OK Thomas.
Post by Thomas Sundberg
[...]
Posting rules: http://cukes.info/posting-rules.html <http://cukes.info/posting-rules.html>
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science