[Cucumber] Unable to create cucumber feature file in intellij maven project
Megha A.N
2017-09-16 05:43:40 UTC
Hi all,

I have created a maven project with cucumber. I have installed
cucumber-java plugin also. but When I try to create feature file, its not
recognising that it's a cucumber feature file. Please share thoughts what
might have gone wrong.
---
Marit van Dijk
Koen Prins
2017-09-17 17:23:38 UTC
Post by Megha A.N
Hi all,
I have created a maven project with cucumber. I have installed
cucumber-java plugin also. but When I try to create feature file, its not
recognising that it's a cucumber feature file. Please share thoughts what
might have gone wrong.
I did some testing and all the files with .feature as an extention will be
recognized by intellij as a cucumber feature file. This will be so when I
do New -> File -> Gherkin feature file or just creating a new file and
giving it the extension .feature.

There could be two possibilities:
- either you installed the plugin but did not yet restart IntelliJ. Fix
this by restarting intellij
- or the plugin is not active in intellij, check this by going to
preferences, plugins and make sure the checkbox at Cucumber plugin is
checked.

Outside of this I have no clue. Let us know what worked?
---
George Dinwiddie
2017-09-17 17:39:50 UTC
Megha,
Post by Megha A.N
Hi all,
I have created a maven project with cucumber. I have installed
cucumber-java plugin also. but When I try to create feature file, its
not recognising that it's a cucumber feature file. Please share thoughts
what might have gone wrong.
Take a look at https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber-java-skeleton to see
what you're doing differently.

- George