[Cucumber] Run feature file in specify order
Wong Peter
2018-04-10 06:54:59 UTC
Hello to all, I would like to run feature file in specify order in cli. I"m
using java.
Example of command is appreciate.
I tried the following command.

java -cp
"/Users/jreijn/.m2/repository/info/cukes/cucumber-core/1.2.5/cucumber-core-1.2.5.jar:/Users/jreijn/.m2/repository/info/cukes/gherkin/2.12.2/gherkin-2.12.2.jar:/Users/jreijn/.m2/repository/info/cukes/cucumber-java/1.2.5/cucumber-java-1.2.5.jar:/Users/jreijn/.m2/repository/info/cukes/cucumber-jvm-deps/1.0.5/cucumber-jvm-deps-1.0.5.jar"
cucumber.api.cli.Main Developer/sources/github/cucumber-jvm-extentreport/src
/test/resources/cucumber/feature_one.feature

but it fails. What is the correct command?
Koen Prins
2018-04-10 15:01:31 UTC
Honestly, the only reason you would want to do that is because one test is
the setup for another, which is a very strong anti-pattern.
Write your features in such a way that they can be ran independent of each
other, after which the sequence should no longer matter.
Wong Peter
Christian Baumann
2018-04-11 07:52:13 UTC
Why would you need that command if your features are independent from each
other?
By knowing your intend, it would be easier to provide you a fitting
solution.

--
*Christian Baumann*
Clara-Viebig-Straße 2 | D-54634 Bitburg
Wong Peter
MP Korstanje
2018-04-12 14:47:28 UTC
Hey Peter,

1. Unless you are jreijn as mentioned in the command you execute it won't
work for you. The blog post you've copied this from explains this. You may
have to step back from cucumber first and learn how to execute java
programs from the command line in general.

2. You might want to have a look at Maven or Gradle. It avoids the whole
hassle of manually setting up the class path and it generally works on
Jenkins too.

Goodluck!