[Cucumber] Unable to create step definition for scenario outline using java lambda
Narayan Renake
2018-03-15 12:15:32 UTC
Hi Team,

I am using Intellij + TestNg + Java 8 for POC on using cucumber framework.

However I am facing issues while creating step definition for the scenario
outline step,

Scenario Outline: Monocle communication search and retrieve
Given I successfully logged into Dummy web page
Given I select <Region> tab
When I submit search request for communication index <Index>

Examples:
| Region | Index |
| Test Region | 1 |

Intellij auto step creation created below step, however the step is not
getting glued to method.

Given("^I select <Region> tab$", () -> {
// Write code here that turns the phrase above into concrete actions
throw new PendingException();
});
Koen Prins
2018-03-17 11:32:38 UTC
I didnt read all the details of this repo but it should help you get moving:
https://github.com/igniteram/testng-cucumber

Your post reminds me that I was planning on writing some standard reply to
the basic questions we often encounter here.