[Cucumber] Cucumber+Excel
Dima
2017-10-25 09:31:39 UTC
Hello everyone!
I have question: Is there opportunity to write cucumber's scenarion in an
excel file then parsing it to feature file like specflow + excel (
http://specflow.org/plus/documentation/SpecFlowPlus-Excel/)?
Marit van Dijk
2017-10-26 15:09:28 UTC
Hello Dima,

Many reasons why you don't want to do this, including:
* This makes your feature file harder to read
* additional I/O (reading excel) which is expensive; i.e, it will slow down
your tests
Please search for "excel" to find several discussions on this topic.

If you *must* use excel (i've heard of the requirement where the business
will only read/write excel):
* Write a data driven framework reading from excel using Apache POI, but
not using Cucumber

Regards,
Marit
Dima
2017-10-27 06:48:33 UTC
Thanks for answer Martin. I've understood a situation)